Monday, July 7, 2008

I Bet I'm More Competitative Than You Are

I had an inquiry about how competitive the 48/5 Competition was going to be. The first one we did wasn't at all competitive, but I'm kind of excited about this one, and I really believe we can win it.

My own personal nature is not very competative in any way. The problem with competition is that it is a zero sum game. If someone wins, then it means that someone else has to lose. Now, I am not a touchy-feeley, new age, tree hugging Little Mary Sunshine, but I really do believe that just completing a film is a sort of win. If people like your film better than anyone else's, that's just frosting on the cake.

We've got some pretty talented people working on this year's film, and yet they are also very friendly and supportive. I'm sure it will be fun, and I think we have a very good chance of wining. If not, I've got another film project I would like to do later in the summer. Stay tuned, More on that later.

No comments: