Monday, June 30, 2008

An Overview of the 48/5

You can pretty much get any general information about the East Lansing Film Festival Summer 2008 48/5 Competition at http://www.elff.com/.

But here is an overview of how it will affect our team. There are four days involved, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 11-13, 2008 to produce the film, and Monday, July 14th for a screening of all entries and the announcement of the winners.

There is an entrance fee of $50.00. For the first one, it was $40.00 and I was promised that I would be reimbursed. Didn't happen. This time, I'd like to get some as soon as possible, so I don't have to pay the whole thing myself, again. I am suggesting $10.00 for each participant, and if we get more than $50.00 we can use that to buy pizza or soft drinks for the long Friday night meeting. I have a PayPal Account using the following e-Mail address, Roger@RogerGlumm.com If you can't afford $10.00, send what you can, and, of course, more would be appreciated, too.

Friday night, the kick-off is at: (SCENE) Metrospace, 110 Charles St. East Lansing, MI. I can't locate the time right now, but I believe it is at 7:00. Only one person from the team is required to attend, but I think it is a great way to get energized and to meet the competition. I don't know who the judges will be, but I hope to find out before we meet for the first time.

At the kick-off at (SCENE) Metrospace, we will be given an envelope with the four elements that need to be included in the film. This year, those are: a pre-selected theme, a prop, line of dialogue and location. All of those things must be included in the film and they should be very obvious. The judges look for that.

After the kick-off meeting, those who want to work on the script will come back to my place to plan the script. More about that later. The planning is highly important.

No comments: